Including transferable skills on CV

oost1234

Gold Member
Premium Member
May 22, 2022
Currently redrafting my CV for DLA Piper’s Summer Internship and am struggling to fit in transferable skills in a way that reads well. I’m not keen on a ‘key skills’ section, but my other approach of just tacking on ‘…, improving/developing [x]’ at the end of bullet points doesn’t read particularly nicely. Anyone got any solutions or tips? Thanks.

LHitchens1

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2022
Hey! I've found that using active verbs is a great way to improve things (Google is brilliant for this). Instead of 'improving', try 'managing' or 'quantified', and use percentages where you've improved this by x amount. Add the active verbs at the beginning of the sentence instead of the end - it makes it flow better. For example: if you manned the phones or worked customer service for a supermarket job, instead of saying "I answered the phones/spoke with customers every shift", you could reword it and say "I actively managed all incoming verbal communication for the store with a 95% satisfaction rate each shift". It makes it sound more interesting, and the addition of the percentage shows that you held a high standard each shift while engaging with customers. Hope this helps!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.