Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    From a future trainee:

"It's not a problem. I didn't complete a telephone interview (this may be because I applied for a straight TC) - I was invited in for first interview then called back for the assessment day. However, my first interview was heavily focussed on competencies - it felt like I was just thrown 15-20 questions, so felt quite intense. They were all the pretty standard questions, just a lot of them e.g. team work leadership difficult team member time failed/weakness and how you overcame this etc commercial awareness something in news find interesting So, based on my experience, I would say focus on competency & strength based questions. But, like I said I did not apply for the VS so my experience may have been different for that reason. Hope this helps!"

Reactions: Roch1234

datguyak

Esteemed Member
    Nov 20, 2018
    Hey I didn't do a telephone interview- I'm assuming this is the final stage you're talking about for Dentons VS?? If so then as the future trainee above says mine was super super competency based. This is defo NOT an interview which maybe becomes a conversation- just a lot of predetermined questiond- so brush up on all those basics like name a time you did this that etc... there's pretty much just a long list of them with a few qns about your interest in the firm and commercial awareness thrown in.

Hope that helps! (if indeed it's the same interview I had)

Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.