Interests including hobbies and sports

TM

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2019
I would really appreciate some advice on how to answer a question like this:
Please give brief details of any interests including hobbies and sports. (250 words)

The question seems quite simple, but there is something that throws me off. Would work with different societies count as interests? How would I demonstrate any skills through hobbies or interests such as playing basketball?

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Does the application include a question specifically asking about extra-curriculars? If not, this is the section to stuff them in (and show how great you are).

If the application has covered that, and transferrable skills, and any other iteration of a question that seeks to have you show how great you are, i'd be liberal with this and write about your hobbies and interests.

If you were to use Basketball as an example, think about how you being involved in a team, or having to train may have allowed you to develop some transferrable skills as to that of a trainee lawyer. Then, look to link the two :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: TM and Jaysen

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
I put down London Marathon and covered transferrable skills I these sorts of sections, as per the above. E.g. I talked about the goals I set myself, researching training/diet, organising/planing training around work etc. Resilience to overcome injuries. Then the outcome.

Did similar for other hobbies, so you could do the same for basketball.

• ℹ️
Reactions: TM

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.