International Student UK Visa Processing Times

anon101

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 2, 2020
Hi all! I was wondering if there were any international students who recently applied for their student visas? I will be doing the accelerated LPC in August with BPP and I applied for my visa about a month ago from Malaysia. Currently there is a severe delay with the processing times and I am trying to arrange my travel plans and have no way of being sure when I could expect to receive my visa.

Has anyone applied for their visa recently and gotten it? How long was the wait time for you? Thank you!

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi all! I was wondering if there were any international students who recently applied for their student visas? I will be doing the accelerated LPC in August with BPP and I applied for my visa about a month ago from Malaysia. Currently there is a severe delay with the processing times and I am trying to arrange my travel plans and have no way of being sure when I could expect to receive my visa.

Has anyone applied for their visa recently and gotten it? How long was the wait time for you? Thank you!
Hi @anon101,

Unfortunately this is not a query that I will be able to help with personally. However, @AvniD may well be able to help given her experience of applying for visas in the past (and she is back from holiday tomorrow!).

I am sure that there are members of the community that will also have an insight into this though!

Do reach out if I/we can help with anything else 🚀

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

Hi @anon101,

Unfortunately this is not a query that I will be able to help with personally. However, @AvniD may well be able to help given her experience of applying for visas in the past (and she is back from holiday tomorrow!).

I am sure that there are members of the community that will also have an insight into this though!

Do reach out if I/we can help with anything else 🚀
Thanks for tagging me @George Maxwell. Sorry to hear you've been waiting for so long for your visa @anon101. Stories of wait times being similarly nightmarish other countries have been quite common and it's mostly due to pandemic-related backlog and understaffing. Even without this, however, visas can take 4-6 weeks to come through so I'd just hold a bit longer. While you wait, my best advice would be to ring or email UKVI about your application and confirm when you can expect an outcome by so you can plan accordingly. Wishing you the best!

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Thanks for tagging me @George Maxwell. Sorry to hear you've been waiting for so long for your visa @anon101. Stories of wait times being similarly nightmarish other countries have been quite common and it's mostly due to pandemic-related backlog and understaffing. Even without this, however, visas can take 4-6 weeks to come through so I'd just hold a bit longer. While you wait, my best advice would be to ring or email UKVI about your application and confirm when you can expect an outcome by so you can plan accordingly. Wishing you the best!
Great stuff @AvniD 💪

I hope that was helpful @anon101?

Reactions: AvniD

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Hey - I would agree with Avni here. I had the same delay issues back in January 2022. I had to wait for 4 weeks for my visa and I missed my first SGS (which is still haunting me). Apparently, the UKVI had processed and sent my visa to the courier service within their time limit but, the courier service caused the delay. Gladly, I was able to get mine because of my contact at the courier service otherwise, they had plans to delay my visa for a long time :)))

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell and AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.