Interview Question: Why did you fail your vac schemes?

wwood

Distinguished Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi everyone :) I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I've been getting this question "Why did you fail your vac schemes" recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on tackling this question? Frankly, mine was lacking confidence (leading to bad time management, not as proactive etc.) ... but I'm not sure if recruiters would like to hear that, given that job applicants should be confident. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you so much! :)

Zsaurcaks1

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 4, 2018
Hi everyone :) I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I've been getting this question "Why did you fail your vac schemes" recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on tackling this question? Frankly, mine was lacking confidence (leading to bad time management, not as proactive etc.) ... but I'm not sure if recruiters would like to hear that, given that job applicants should be confident. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you so much! :)

hey! My response was tactfully honest- so I explained the feedback honestly and then focused more on ways I had improved since being given that feedback

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

it doesn’t matter what the reason for it is, what matters is you being able to demonstrate how you have developed/solved that weaknesses since then

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.