Interview Questions List

willturnbull60

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has a list of questions that they use to prepare for interviews. I have an assessment centre with RPC soon and would really appreciate any advice that anyone could give. I believe the interview is situation-based, so questions of this nature would be particularly helpful.

Thank you very much,

Will.

• 🏆
Reactions: OB

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has a list of questions that they use to prepare for interviews. I have an assessment centre with RPC soon and would really appreciate any advice that anyone could give. I believe the interview is situation-based, so questions of this nature would be particularly helpful.

Thank you very much,

Will.
    Well done on your assessment centre! For practice questions, this should help:

Reactions: TCG

willturnbull60

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 2, 2021
    Well done on your assessment centre! For practice questions, this should help:

Hi Jasen,

Thank you very much for providing this link!

George Maxwell

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi everyone,

Thank you very much,

Will.
    Hi @willturnbull60,

Welcome to the forum!

I just wanted to echo @Jaysen's congratulations for being progressed to interview! That's an awesome achievement.

I am unsure what you mean by a situation-based interview. I did not personally interview with RPC so I cannot easily help. However, if it is similar to HSF's scenario-based interview, then this post might help!

I thought I would compile a few links for you just in case that would be helpful too:
    • an account written by someone (albeit in 2019) of the RPC interview process
    • a list of questions you might consider asking your interviewers at the end of the interview
    • some suggestions for building rapport with your interviewer(s)
    • if you are a non-law student, here is an indication of the level of technical legal knowledge you might need
    Please do let me know if I you would like any more guidance or help!

I really hope that the interview goes your way.

Do tag me afterwards too as I would love to hear how it went! 🚀

Reactions: TCG and Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jaysen I was wondering if you have practice interview questions and answers. I could only find the questions not the answers. Thanks.
    Hi @Damiology - we don’t have example interview answers.

In many ways I think it’s slightly risky for us to do this as your answers need to be unique to you, and there is a risk that if we provide example answers to people they just use these too heavily as templates.