Intray exercise - simmons

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 3, 2022
Hi all, I have an AC with Simmons coming up where I will be required to complete an intray exercise. I am quite nervous about it cause I have never done one before. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for it? I understand that the main thing would be to prioritise tasks properly and explain why. But in terms of urgent tasks vs important tasks, am I right in assuming that I should prioritise urgent but perhaps not so important tasks over important ones, try to finish them quickly and then dedicate my time to the important ones? Also I read somewhere that there might be a research task coming in halfway, I am a bit confused because I don't know whether I would be required to actually do this task and draft something?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
With an intray exercise, it is usually set up as a simulated inbox and with a series of folders you can access with documents in them.

You often have to draft something in response to one of the emails you have been sent and have to use the documents in the folders to support your response, alongside responding to other email that come through.

• Love
Reactions: 8080

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.