Introducing TCLA Credits - Win Application Reviews/TCLA Premium/Gift Cards and more!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

I'm very grateful to everyone who participates in our forum, whether it's new members asking questions, longstanding members supporting the community, or future trainees sharing their own experiences. TCLA wouldn't be here without you guys.

With that in mind, I've been looking for a new system to reward members for regular participation and helpful contributions to the forum. We used to do this manually with our trophy system, however as the forum has grown, it has become too difficult to update trophies for individual members on a daily basis.

That's why I'm pleased to introduce TCLA Credits.

How does it work?

You may have already noticed a new tab on your navigation bar and next to your avatar displaying how many credits you have. From today, you will receive credits based on a very large variety of forum activities including:
    • Creating a post
    • Creating a thread
    • Receiving post ratings and rating others
    • Having your profile viewed by others
    • Your birthday!
    • Sending private messages
    And much more!

There are also many activities I may add in the future, such as awarding credits through a lottery system.

What are the rewards?

The rewards will including everything from new username styling and thread highlights to free application reviews, subscriptions to TCLA Premium and Amazon gift cards. We will regularly look to add new rewards.

I'm not going to reveal the credits required for each reward just yet because I want to assess how credits are awarded first. Once I do, I'll update this section, but note, the rewards will apply retroactively - so you can start accumulating credits now.

What's going to happen to the trophy system?

The trophy system will continue to run alongside the credit system, but its purpose is to now recognise member milestones (such as your 50th post), rather than being tied to this reward system. You can still review our notable members here. Fun fact: About half of those members have now secured training contracts!

At the moment, I'm looking at ways to tie in the two systems, so members with a particular number of trophy points will receive credits.

If anything is unclear or if you have any questions, let me know!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.