Introduction from a Med Gen Student

Giorgos

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2023
Hi everyone, I wanted to take some time to introduce myself and my background. My name is Giorgos and I just finished my second year at QMUL( Queen Mary University of London). I am currently studying medical genetics and I am interested in IP law. I get many questions on how I decided to switch my focus from such a specific biology/medicine-related degree to law. Well to be honest, I don't even know myself, I started reading law cases out of curiosity and a couple of my friends were studying law at university so a lot of the conversations we were having were about different laws. To make a long story short, I became immersed by it and here I am getting ready for the law route. I am currently organising my CV, starting to practice Watson Glaser Tests, and conducting my research into law firms. I do not have much knowledge of the whole process and any help or recommendations on how to complete the application forms accordingly, answer the "why law" question( I am very much struggling to answer that one), or any other part of the application process.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Giorgos and welcome to the TCLA community. I think your background will come across as very interesting to law firms.

Feel free to create a separate thread in our 'applications discussion' section if you need any support on questions about your application forms or answering 'why law'. I suspect you'll get a quicker answer there.

I look forward to following you in your journey.

Reactions: Giorgos

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.