Introduction

Hannah5794

Nov 13, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm Hannah and have joined the TCLA premium as a gold member. I'm in my second year of my LLB Law studying at the University of Exeter. I'm 28, have dyslexia and ADHD and am passionate about breaking down the barriers and stigmas associated with neurodiversity, I also want to increase representation for people such as myself within the legal sector.

My aim this year is to acquire at least one vacation scheme (preferable more) with a hope of being offered a training contract. I have an interest in a couple of areas; commercial law, specifically, mergers and acquisitions and also property and real estate. My hope is that TCLA can help make my application stand out, improve my commercial awareness and how I can apply this in practice, and also techniques for interviews etc.

I also have a platform @thedyslexiclawstudent where I talk about my own experiences, gain insight from others such as myself, and talk all things law.

look forward to chatting!

• 🏆
Reactions: Jaysen and Jessica Booker

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone, I'm Hannah and have joined the TCLA premium as a gold member. I'm in my second year of my LLB Law studying at the University of Exeter. I'm 28, have dyslexia and ADHD and am passionate about breaking down the barriers and stigmas associated with neurodiversity, I also want to increase representation for people such as myself within the legal sector.

My aim this year is to acquire at least one vacation scheme (preferable more) with a hope of being offered a training contract. I have an interest in a couple of areas; commercial law, specifically, mergers and acquisitions and also property and real estate. My hope is that TCLA can help make my application stand out, improve my commercial awareness and how I can apply this in practice, and also techniques for interviews etc.

I also have a platform @thedyslexiclawstudent where I talk about my own experiences, gain insight from others such as myself, and talk all things law.

A big welcome to the forum Hannah. I think this is very admirable - please keep up the great work with your platform.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021

Welcome to TCLA @Hannah5794! I commend your willingness to talk about neurodivergence- I just looked at your platform and have to say that your content is brilliant, forthcoming and unique. I fully encourage you to be as transparent as possible about neurodivergence and your work around it when applying to/interviewing with law firms because you are clearly passionate about this and your voice is incredibly insightful.

I'd highly recommend you keep posting here on the forum about any questions that you may have and also regularly check the forum for others' posts as well- we recently discussed building commercial awareness here. I hope you find this helpful!

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
    Jan 15, 2023
    Hi Hannah!
    Fellow ADHDer here. Lovely to meet you :) How are you getting on with all your applications? Have you struggled focusing? I've found it depends on the question. Some I can write in a flash and I'm really pleased with the answer, others I just can't seem to do. Everything is a distraction. Don't know if it's avoidance or what but I then end up anxious and stressed that I've not done it but still can't concentrate on doing it. Argh 😩
    Would be great to connect with you! Also, where is your platform? Sorry, I'm a 34y/o dinosaur so it's probably obvious when you know but I stuck it in google and can't find it.
    Have a lovely evening
    Natasha

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.