Irwin Mitchell video interview

Alice21

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi, I have a video interview for Irwin Mitchell (PLS) coming up. It will be recorded and so not in real time with actual people and there will be four questions to answer. Does anyone have any general advice/tips for recorded interviews?

Thank you

Reactions: AR3

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
This isn't at all specific to Irwin Mitchell but my biggest piece of advice is to record yourself answering some 'generic' questions in advance. That way you can not only practice giving answers verbally but also become accustomed to seeing yourself speaking on screen, which I think most of us find quite off putting when not used to it!

Good luck though :)

Reactions: SThomas

Alice21

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2021
This isn't at all specific to Irwin Mitchell but my biggest piece of advice is to record yourself answering some 'generic' questions in advance. That way you can not only practice giving answers verbally but also become accustomed to seeing yourself speaking on screen, which I think most of us find quite off putting when not used to it!

Good luck though :)
Hi Andrew, thank you for your reply and for the advice - I think this is what I'm most nervous about!

Jordon

• Oct 2, 2020
    Hi, I have a video interview for Irwin Mitchell (PLS) coming up. It will be recorded and so not in real time with actual people and there will be four questions to answer. Does anyone have any general advice/tips for recorded interviews?

Thank you
    Hey, sorry this is a bit off topic but when did you hear back from IM and which office/stream did you apply to? 😊

good luck with your video interview!!

Jordon

• Oct 2, 2020

Thank you
    Have you done the VI already? How did you think it went if so😊? Fingers crossed it’s all positive!

AR3

Feb 3, 2021

Thank you
    Hi Alice, good luck with the interview!! Would you mind sharing the questions you were asked if at all possible? It would be good to add to some practice ones! :)

Reactions: courtneyherman6

Alice21

Standard Member
    Feb 9, 2021
    Hi Alice, good luck with the interview!! Would you mind sharing the questions you were asked if at all possible? It would be good to add to some practice ones! :)
    Hi Abbie, thank you! They were mostly competency questions, and the ones I remember asked about situations where you've reached a certain solution to a problem and where you've had to compromise your ideas/views!

Reactions: coprentice and AR3

Alice21

Standard Member
    Feb 9, 2021
    Hi

I have received a VI invite and have till the end of the week to complete it. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have to prepare for each question? and if you log into the portal do you have to start the interview immediately?
    Hi Kieran,

Well done! IIRC I had 30 seconds to prepare each question and 2 minutes to answer. You don't have to start the interview as soon as you log in to the portal :)

Chloe21

Feb 27, 2021
    Hi Abbie, thank you! They were mostly competency questions, and the ones I remember asked about situations where you've reached a certain solution to a problem and where you've had to compromise your ideas/views!
    Hi Alice, we’re these two separate questions please? By any chance you do not remember the others do you :) thanks in advance

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.