Is 2 weeks work experience sufficient?

Esporia

• Sep 9, 2021
    i've just done 2 weeks work experience at a nearby university (did work in many departments). This is my only form of work experience, do you think this is sufficient for first-year schemes or would it be wise to do some part-time work also?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    i've just done 2 weeks work experience at a nearby university (did work in many departments). This is my only form of work experience, do you think this is sufficient for first-year schemes or would it be wise to do some part-time work also?
    It doesn’t tend to be as binary as this. Your work experience could be enough if you have more extra curriculars for instance.

I think it’s worthwhile applying for first year schemes though (although no rush if their deadlines are not until next term).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.