Joint Venture Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wwood, Jul 14, 2019.

1. wwood

wwood Star Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hey guys!

Currently doing a Vac Scheme. Would like to know if it's possible to sue just one party under an unincorporated joint venture (with two parties). Did some searching online but could not find anything particularly useful. Plus, having never studied that, I find it difficult to understand...

The context is that there is an incident relating to the JV project and the claimant wants to sue a party in the JV.

Thank you so much! :)

2. Dipen

Dipen Active Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:

Perhaps look at the joint venture agreement/constitution for any specific clauses relating to the matter in question. My understanding is that under an unincorporated association, it is possible to sue the one party but I am led to believe that the joint and several liability principle applies so the other party in the JV could be brought into the claim. So yes - I think you can sue individual members of an unincorporated association.

3. wwood

wwood Star Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:
    Thank you so much!!!!! When I did a quick Google search, the first thing I thought was also looking at the agreement, but I wasn't sure! I'll continue looking in that direction!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dipen

Dipen Active Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:
    Cool - let me know how you get on