Jones Day interview

D.Cole

Future Trainee
Apr 12, 2019
Here are some questions they asked me last year:

- What would you do if you had too much work on?

- Would you recommend raising tax on online businesses?

- What would your friends say the worst thing about you is?

• ℹ️
  • 🏆
Reactions: Holly and Jaysen

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Oh brilliant, thanks very much!
Hi, congrats on getting invited to interview and I hope it went well.

I had an interview with the firm on Thursday and was just wondering if they mentioned/you know roughly how long they would take to get back to you with a decision post-interview. I meant to ask them at the end of my interview but it slipped my mind in the moment.

Reactions: Jaysen

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
JD just got back to me with a rejection. I don't know the exact reasons, but my vacation scheme applications this year are a long shot given my unspectacular first year grades. That was also my first VS application.

Best of luck to everyone else who has applied!

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Holly

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
I just received a rejection post interview as well. Slightly annoying that they don’t provide feedback especially as I thought the interview went ok.

Hope everyone else who’s applied gets some better news!

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I just received a rejection post interview as well. Slightly annoying that they don’t provide feedback especially as I thought the interview went ok.

Hope everyone else who’s applied gets some better news!
At least you got to the interview stage- that is an achievement in itself!

Shaz

Distinguished Member
Sep 29, 2019
How long did Jones Day take to give everyone an interview invite? I applied fairly late so I'm not sure if I''ll even be offered one
They took around a week to invite me. However, they email you prior to this to request an academic reference. In my case, this was about three days after applying. I would say that they probably receive a higher volume of applications later in the stage so do not be disheartened if you have not heard back sooner!

L.M.P

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hey guys I interviewed with Jones Day on the 8th October for the Winter Vac Scheme I emailed them after the interview thanking them but haven't had any contact with them since ? :( I thought the interview went well... has anyone else heard of a firm taking this long or should I chase them up about it?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.