Jones Day interview

L.M.P

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hey guys I interviewed with Jones Day on the 8th October for the Winter Vac Scheme I emailed them after the interview thanking them but haven't had any contact with them since ? :( I thought the interview went well... has anyone else heard of a firm taking this long or should I chase them up about it?

Hey guys! I got the offer haha! So so pleased :) goes to show it doesn’t matter how long you are left waiting !

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all

Is it a good idea to ask interviewers what time to expect to hear back regarding the outcome, or is this overly keen?

Thanks!

pretty standard question in an interview.

just don’t ask it if they have already told you! The amount of times I was asked this question, and one of my team would explain this at the start of the day so I knew they had either not listened or had a short memory.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
pretty standard question in an interview.

just don’t ask it if they have already told you! The amount of times I was asked this question, and one of my team would explain this at the start of the day so I knew they had either not listened or had a short memory.

Hi, thank you! I had the interview already and they told me at the start so I didn’t have to ask later. Glad I showed I listened / do not have short memory :)

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018
I just received a rejection post interview as well. Slightly annoying that they don’t provide feedback especially as I thought the interview went ok.

Hope everyone else who’s applied gets some better news!

Hey Anf,

Could you give a short review on how your interview played out - was it commercial? mainly competencies? motivations to apply?

Thank you :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.