Kennedys SQE application

crl

Feb 4, 2022
Hey all!

I recently applied for the Kennedys SQE program. I was asked to complete an SJT. I completed this and two days later I received a feedback report. This report highlighted the qualities needed to succeed in the program. However, I had 3 strengths outlined and one weakness.

I have tried calling the team a few times as it was not clear whether or not I was proceeding to the next stage. It has been 12 days since receiving the report.

Should I now take this as a rejection?

bpsqe

Standard Member
  • Feb 6, 2022
    I haven’t done it yet either. I tried to find people who did it last year, but I couldn’t find anyone.
    I am going to prepare for typical strengths based qs and competency ones as well. I will also look at commercial awareness and the work they are doing in Regulatory.
    How are you preparing?

T.

Premium Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    I haven’t done it yet either. I tried to find people who did it last year, but I couldn’t find anyone.
    I am going to prepare for typical strengths based qs and competency ones as well. I will also look at commercial awareness and the work they are doing in Regulatory.
    How are you preparing?
    I was going through old posts from last year and came across the information below, so I'll be preparing to answer these types of questions..Good luck 🍀🤞🏽

3 questions - one motivational, one personality, one competency question

doglover123

Standard Member
    Aug 15, 2022
    Hey all!

I recently applied for the Kennedys SQE program. I was asked to complete an SJT. I completed this and two days later I received a feedback report. This report highlighted the qualities needed to succeed in the program. However, I had 3 strengths outlined and one weakness.

I have tried calling the team a few times as it was not clear whether or not I was proceeding to the next stage. It has been 12 days since receiving the report.

Hi, what were the strengths and weakness if you don't mind me asking?

yalds

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 6, 2022
    Hi, what were the strengths and weakness if you don't mind me asking?
    Hello

I got my results from the SST and it was :

Strengths: support, flex, team mentality
    weakness : critical thinking.

Not sure what to make of this and if its bad that my critical reasoning was a weakness.

what did you get?

lils

Jan 25, 2023
    Hello

Not sure what to make of this and if its bad that my critical reasoning was a weakness.

what did you get?
    Hi

I just got my results from the SST too.

Strengths: Team mentality, support and explainer
    Weakness: initiative

idk what to make of it but I’m glad it’s done

T.

Premium Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    Hello

what did you get?
    When did you do it? I did mine on the 23rd and haven’t had any confirmation/feedback yet

Uniknownx

Distinguished Member
    Feb 25, 2022
    Hey all!

No! Don’t take it as a rejection, they usually give interview dates in the first week of Feb and usually a week to do the interview.

It consists of 3 questions: you have 15 secs to read the question, 1min 30 to answer and you only have one try!

TheArch

Mar 10, 2020
    Hi all!

Completed my SST test over the weekend (definitely took me more than 1,5 hours!). Received my feedback report, thought some of you may find my results handy:

Strengths: Support, Team Mentality, Flex
    Weakness: Initiative

Not sure what to make of this, but kinda amazed my weakness wasn’t Critical Thinking; those WG questions definitely took me by surprise!

Good luck all!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.