Kirkland & Ellis Open Day

anulciak7

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Yeah, for reference, a good friend of mine was turned down for an Open Day at CC. He later applied for a VS (in the same year) and was successful in getting an offer.
A bit late to the party, but I just wanted to say, it is so good to have this forum! I remember when I applied for an Open Day at CC after having dinner with them, and I was rejected. I had no idea that over 800 applied for 300 spots... It was so discouraging! :D Few years later I have completely changed my mindset ;)

• 🤝
Reactions: D and Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Open days are not necessarily a good insight into whether your subsequent application will be successful. As a recruiter, I often would turn down people whose CV/application suggested that they wouldn't get much out of an open day because they had already connected with the firm, or because their experiences superseded what I could offer on the open day.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.