Law Careers.Net TC Deadlines

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
Hi,

A few weeks ago I reviewed the lawcareers.net website to see when firms are closing their training contract deadline. I chose to look into EMW Law for a 2021 TC application, but when I recently went back to confirm the deadline the firm is no longer posted there anymore.

EMW Law's website states that applications are still open for 2021. I know lawcareers.net gathers their information from firms and it might not be 100% accurate, but do you think I should still apply even though on lawcareers.net it only outlines the 2022 deadlines now?

The firm may have filled up all their spots and I just don't want to waste my time applying.

Thanks,
Asmee

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi,

A few weeks ago I reviewed the lawcareers.net website to see when firms are closing their training contract deadline. I chose to look into EMW Law for a 2021 TC application, but when I recently went back to confirm the deadline the firm is no longer posted there anymore.

EMW Law's website states that applications are still open for 2021. I know lawcareers.net gathers their information from firms and it might not be 100% accurate, but do you think I should still apply even though on lawcareers.net it only outlines the 2022 deadlines now?

The firm may have filled up all their spots and I just don't want to waste my time applying.

Thanks,
    Asmee

Hi Asmee - that is a bit weird the information has changed. It's probably worth giving the firm a quick call to check.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    The information typically changes at this time of year as one cycle ends and the other starts. Loads of firms won’t necessarily confirm deadline dates and applications windows now until just before they go out on campus

Asmee DC

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 17, 2019
    The information typically changes at this time of year as one cycle ends and the other starts. Loads of firms won’t necessarily confirm deadline dates and applications windows now until just before they go out on campus

Thank you!

Do you think I should still apply to the firm? The deadline is August 31st and I'm halfway done the application.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.