Lewis Silkin Application

Josh Neerkin

M&A Bootcamp
  • Nov 20, 2019
    Hello all,

I hope all us budding lawyers have had a wonderful Christmas, and perhaps a brief break from applications.

I'm working on the Lewis Silkin application and was wondering if anyone had some advice for this question.

Lewis Silkin prides itself on delivering legal advice in a commercial way. What do you think it means to deliver legal advice in a commercial way?

Any ideas/ inspiration would be massively appreciated.

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Hello all,

I hope all us budding lawyers have had a wonderful Christmas, and perhaps a brief break from applications.

I'm working on the Lewis Silkin application and was wondering if anyone had some advice for this question.

Lewis Silkin prides itself on delivering legal advice in a commercial way. What do you think it means to deliver legal advice in a commercial way?

Any ideas/ inspiration would be massively appreciated.

Am also interested in advice for this question.

How did you decide to answer it?

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    Hi, I was wondering whether you had managed to find any information regarding Lewis Silkin's VI? Have mine coming up and can't seem to find anything online, Thanks!

I did one for the spring workshop, all I'd say is that when they say you can't prepare, they mean it... The questions may have changed but they seemed more about assessing your personality/character than anything else. It was a while ago that I did them though.

Liam Callaghan

Jun 27, 2020
    I did one for the spring workshop, all I'd say is that when they say you can't prepare, they mean it... The questions may have changed but they seemed more about assessing your personality/character than anything else. It was a while ago that I did them though.
    I suspected the questions would be personality/motivations based so that's really helpful, thank you for that!

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    Yes. When I sent my case study they replied saying thank you and that I would hear back by middle of September at the latest.

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken. They said mid-September in the initial invite email with the details of the three assessments (VI, McQuaig and case study). Fourth para from the bottom of the email.

KamTM

Junior Lawyer
    May 13, 2020
    Yes. When I sent my case study they replied saying thank you and that I would hear back by middle of September at the latest.

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken. They said mid-September in the initial invite email with the details of the three assessments (VI, McQuaig and case study). Fourth para from the bottom of the email.

Yes you are correct. It feels like it was a very long time ago now, however not long left till we hear back.

Reactions: Changes

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.