Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Bukayo Saka

Nov 19, 2020
I just wanted to ask if it is appropriate to ask for your Watson Glaser grade while your application is on hold. Should I wait until they have accepted/declined me before I request for my Watson Glaser grade?

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2020
I noted that it recommends on the Linklaters website that students who have not yet taken 'assessed work experience' apply for the 2021 vac scheme over the 2023 TC - if I opt for the vac scheme over the training contract, I assume that this doesn't mean that any training contract I do get with Linklaters would be a year later than usual (owing to not having applied for the 2023 training contract)?

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
May 27, 2019
I noted that it recommends on the Linklaters website that students who have not yet taken 'assessed work experience' apply for the 2021 vac scheme over the 2023 TC - if I opt for the vac scheme over the training contract, I assume that this doesn't mean that any training contract I do get with Linklaters would be a year later than usual (owing to not having applied for the 2023 training contract)?

No, definitely not the case. I got my TC with Links following a VS and they managed to give me a spot on an intake the following year, so I will start a year earlier than the original TC year I applied for. Someone else on my VS was offered a spot in an earlier intake too. It depends on space but I believe there is usually scope to actually bring it forward rather than delay.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
I just applied to Links for their vac scheme and I noticed that after doing all tests the box/line saying "Candidate review" is in pink and with a tick next to it, plus the app shows as "on hold - 70%". While last year when I applied the box/line "Candidate review" became orange with no tick (after I did the tests) and my app showed as "on hold - 66%". Does anyone know whether this means something? Do you see your apps as 66% or 70% completed?
Makes no difference the same thing happened for me. I think they just updated their system or something

Reactions: nicole88

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Can someone tell me when I should expect the feedback report for the CAPP tests? ☺️

I got a couple of pages from them almost exactly 24 hours later that had strengths and weaknesses from the test. It did that irritating thing where it tells you your better and worse parts, but not whether you did ok overall. That was a month ago, nothing from them since!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.