Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Discussion in 'Applications Discussion' started by anf1811, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Legendary Member

TCLA Credits:
    Yeah this is the case. I think something like 3 weeks legal work experience is required? I'd check the specifics but they do specify a number of weeks.

2. Kathleen

Kathleen Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi, I hope you are well :)! I too did an AC last year (was unsuccessful) and tried to reapply this year. However, my application was automatically on hold after I indicated that I had previously interviewed for a place on the vacation scheme at Linklaters. May I ask if you experienced a similar issue whilst applying for this year's vacation scheme? Thank you:)!

3. Rhiannon

TCLA Credits:
    I did for the winter one this year and graduate recruitment just passed my application through. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Kathleen

Kathleen Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Thank you very much for your reply. May I ask if you had to email the graduate recruitment team regarding this, or did they automatically pass your application? Thank you once again :)

5. Rhiannon

TCLA Credits:
    They automatically do it I think. I emailed as I applied near the deadline and they said it had already been processed then I looked on the portal and it had been. I don't think you would need to email just apply a bit more ahead of the deadline if you are concerned would be my advice

6. Kathleen

Kathleen Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    I see. Thank you once again--I really appreciate your help. Wishing you the very best of luck with your app :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. RB

RB Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    I'm currently trying to fill up the application form but I'm having trouble inputting my schools. I'm an international student and the form only allows you to pick from a list of schools on their database, and the school I went to isn't there. There is no option to manually input this information either, does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know if it is possible to leave my school blank?

8. Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment

TCLA Credits:
    I suspect there might be an “other” type option that could be selected. I suspect leaving it blank my prevent you from completing the application

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RB

RB Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Unfortunately there isn't an "other" option! The application form allows me to proceed to other sections though. I might have to email grad rec if it doesn't allow me to complete it. Thanks anyways! :)

10. Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment

TCLA Credits:
    just skip it then

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Amy_22

Amy_22 Standard Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi :)

I read a few earlier replies on this thread where people said they didn't complete the CAPP assessment and WG for previous cycles within the time limit yet still got AC invites. I wondered if anyone had done the same this cycle? I am conscious of the time limit for the WG and it would be great if I could had longer!

Thanks

12. Rhiannon

TCLA Credits:
    The time taken doesn’t matter. They give you an hour for the WG though. There is a chance that it was a problem in previous cycles and they’ve fixed it for this one so up to you if you want to risk it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lawyermeup

lawyermeup Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    I took potentially 2 hours to do the CAPP (with the critical thinking included) so v much didn’t stick within the time limit! Did the WG at my own pace but definitely didn’t take a long time doing it and has all worked out okay. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JaneX

JaneX Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Theres no place to put in work experience on the application form is there? just checking that i didn't just miss out a huge section!

15. lawyermeup

lawyermeup Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    There’s no work experience section don’t worry! If you get invited to the AC they send you a form to fill out your three most recent work experience

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. mmc_11

mmc_11 Standard Member

TCLA Credits:
    Does the Linklaters application form include motivational/competency questions? Or is it a relatively easy form to fill out?

17. lawyermeup

lawyermeup Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    Nothing to do with that! It just asks your uni, grades and personal info

• Useful Useful x 1