Linklaters CAPP Online Assessment

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to give some advice/details of the Linklaters CAPP Online Assessment?
What does it involve and what is the best way to prepare for it?
Thank you!
I did it last year but it’s honestly very varied and I’d say it’s hard to prepare for. There were a lot of SJT scenarios in the CAPP I did and personality driven questions. I believe there might be a WG element but I can’t recall properly. I remember Links did have a lot online about this last year so try to check their website.

the only way really to prepare is to look at their competencies and maybe practice some SJTs so you feel comfortable doing them. I don’t think there is a time limit (there wasn’t last year) and I remember just taking my time to really think about the best courses of action. With personality questions, just be honest- it’s the best policy!

reedyboy

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Apr 24, 2020
    Just took it yesterday, its just a lot of situational questions and seems to be more to gauge what type of person you are than to test your knowledge. That being said there is a short critical thinking test at the end but this is pretty similar/the same as Watson Glaser questions, so shouldn't catch you off guard.

Like Alice said, feel that with these type of assessments it is just best to be honest, the firm will want to see a microcosm of you, not a character created to impress the recruiter.

Good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.