List of non-Visa Sponsor Firms

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hello, being an international student myself, I often find problems with law firms which sponsor visas, especially after completing the application. For the sake of convenience, a list of firms that DONT sponsor Tier 2 visas should be listed. Here are a few:

1. Kennedy's
2. Bristows (However, after I approached them, they said they will consider getting a sponsorship if the candidate is exceptional)

Please expand this list and let's help each other out!

Reactions: Campbell44 and Eric

Ktan26

Junior Lawyer
Sep 30, 2018
Hello, being an international student myself, I often find problems with law firms which sponsor visas, especially after completing the application. For the sake of convenience, a list of firms that DONT sponsor Tier 2 visas should be listed. Here are a few:

1. Kennedy's
2. Bristows (However, after I approached them, they said they will consider getting a sponsorship if the candidate is exceptional)

Please expand this list and let's help each other out!

Hi Yaner,

I was recently at a Kennedys talk. Grad Rec did say that they do sponso Tier 2 visas, but on a case-by-case basis!

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi Yaner,

I was recently at a Kennedy's talk. Grad Rec did say that they do sponso Tier 2 visas, but on a case-by-case basis!

Hello KYip26, sorry I didn't reply your question above, I didn't see a notification for this thread! I emailed their graduate recruitment team. The email is as follows:

I rote,
Hello,
I am an international LLM student who has a keen interest in training with your firm. However, prior to my application, I would like to inquire if your law firm sponsors Tier 2 visas to your trainees. I look forward to your response, hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,
Yaner

and she wrote back
Hi Lim,

Many thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor for tier 2 visas.

If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Nicole

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
She's still waiting for a response, so fingers crossed!
I am unsure as to why they emailed me with that information, but if you have attended the video interviews after you indicated your visa status, the firm is likely to sponsor. It'll be great if you can update us regarding your friend's situation whether there are any problems with an offer and her visa status.

Reactions: Salma

DTB

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Hi guys,

I was researching on law firms that don't sponsor visas, and happened on this thread!

I found an updated list of on the UK government's website that indicates all the firms that sponsor Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa. Here is the link -
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

Simply search on the document the full name NOT the short form to see whether it sponsors! If you find that the firm you wish to apply to does not, you can then email them asking if they will make any exceptions!

• 🏆
    • Dislike
    Reactions: Jessica Booker and Jaysen

SG

Future Trainee
    Jan 16, 2020
    Hi guys,

I was researching on law firms that don't sponsor visas, and happened on this thread!

I found an updated list of on the UK government's website that indicates all the firms that sponsor Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa. Here is the link -
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

Simply search on the document the full name NOT the short form to see whether it sponsors! If you find that the firm you wish to apply to does not, you can then email them asking if they will make any exceptions!

Just to clarify, how can firms make exceptions? I thought they have to be on that list to be able to sponsor and they cannot make any exceptions, even if they wanted to.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.