LLB/GDL Revision Thread

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    As we all know, excellent academics build the foundation of an impressive application. With exams coming up, I thought that it is a good idea to have a revision thread to help us get through these two/three months and provide support to each other. I always find contributions from friends at other universities very creative and thought-provoking given the slightly different syllabus in different universities. I will be recording my daily activities here so to provide some motivation for others and to help my organisation. I encourage you to do the same. This year, I'm covering Contract Law, Land Law, Tort Law, and Public Law.

Recording N1:
    - Tasks to complete: Tort Law Essay 2000 words on police negligence by April 2nd; Public Law PQ 3000 counter-terrorism and human rights by April 26th.
    - What did I do: read and took notes of the three key judgements, still reading commentary on police negligence and the Robinson case in particular. (If anyone has a reading list or any reading recommendations on police negligence, I will find it very helpful).

If you guys have any ideas on how to organise/structure the revision thread, please do share them in the comments.

Now, let's go work! Have fun revising and remember - it's never too early to start!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    As we all know, excellent academics build the foundation of an impressive application. With exams coming up, I thought that it is a good idea to have a revision thread to help us get through these two/three months and provide support to each other. I always find contributions from friends at other universities very creative and thought-provoking given the slightly different syllabus in different universities. I will be recording my daily activities here so to provide some motivation for others and to help my organisation. I encourage you to do the same. This year, I'm covering Contract Law, Land Law, Tort Law, and Public Law.

Recording N1:
    - Tasks to complete: Tort Law Essay 2000 words on police negligence by April 2nd; Public Law PQ 3000 counter-terrorism and human rights by April 26th.
    - What did I do: read and took notes of the three key judgements, still reading commentary on police negligence and the Robinson case in particular. (If anyone has a reading list or any reading recommendations on police negligence, I will find it very helpful).

If you guys have any ideas on how to organise/structure the revision thread, please do share them in the comments.

Now, let's go work! Have fun revising and remember - it's never too early to start!
    Love this!! Great thread idea :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I actually compiled an essay/exam checklist that I devised in my second year to ensure I was hitting key criteria to achieve the best grades I could. In an exam, the pressure can often lead candidates to forgetting things they do habitually when writing essays for coursework/formative assessments. Noting down the checklist before you begin to prep an exam answer can help to deal with those initial five minute nerves and get you in a good headspace as well as helping you to frame your response better! I was a history student at Warwick so apologies if not everything is necessarily useful or relevant to your assessment style but maybe a few things will help :) I shall post it this week for you all :)

Last edited:

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    I actually compiled an essay/exam checklist that I devised in my second year to ensure I was hitting key criteria to achieve the best grades I could. In an exam, the pressure can often lead candidates to forgetting things they do habitually when writing essays for coursework/formative assessments. Noting down the checklist before you begin to prep an exam answer can help to deal with those initial five minute nerves and get you in a good headspace as well as helping you to frame your response better! I was a history student at Warwick so apologies if not everything is necessarily useful or relevant to your assessment style but maybe a few things will help :) I shall post it this week for you all :)

Looking forward to receiving it Alice! Thank you very much!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alice G

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Recording N2:

- Made brief handwritten summaries of the majority of police negligence cases to develop a case-bank that I can use to support my argument in the essay
    - Read and noted 5 articles
    - Created a plan for the rest of the preliminary research to allow 3 days for writing the paper (700 words a day) and a day for editing and improvements.

• 🏆
    Reactions: George, Jaysen and Alice G

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.