LLB to Paralegal to TC

nehasunil88

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hi, if anyone else is taking the LLB-PARALEGAL-TC route, your input and experiences would be really helpful. One thing I really want to know is whether an international student with a UK LLB would find it hard to find a job as a paralegal in the UK or is working in my home city (Dubai) while applying for TC's a better route? Thank you so much!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

I think that with the new two year visa coming into force for international students, it wouldn’t be any more difficult for international students as it is for anyone else (so you’d only have to be worried about the actual competitiveness of the paralegal job market)

As for which is a better route, I think that’s an entirely personal decision. If you can find a paralegal job that pays well enough to sustain you comfortably then there’s no harm in doing that. I do know many international students who have returned home, worked at firms here and still applied for TCs. So both routes are completely viable I think.

Reactions: MFK

nehasunil88

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 7, 2021
    @Jessica Booker

I think that with the new two year visa coming into force for international students, it wouldn’t be any more difficult for international students as it is for anyone else (so you’d only have to be worried about the actual competitiveness of the paralegal job market)

As for which is a better route, I think that’s an entirely personal decision. If you can find a paralegal job that pays well enough to sustain you comfortably then there’s no harm in doing that. I do know many international students who have returned home, worked at firms here and still applied for TCs. So both routes are completely viable I think.
    Thanks, Dheepa!

Reactions: Dheepa

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.