LLM SQE course timetable at ULaw?

J.E TCLA

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 2, 2022
Hi all,
I am planning on taking the LLM Legal Practice (SQE 1 and 2) full-time in London beginning Sept 2024. I wondered if anyone who is currently studying it (from the Sept 2023 course) has the timetable and could share it with me. I just wanted to see how the course is structured and when holidays are etc. They only have the part-time timetables on their website for this course. Thanks!

Reactions: legallybrunette8

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi all,
    I am planning on taking the LLM Legal Practice (SQE 1 and 2) full-time in London beginning Sept 2024. I wondered if anyone who is currently studying it (from the Sept 2023 course) has the timetable and could share it with me. I just wanted to see how the course is structured and when holidays are etc. They only have the part-time timetables on their website for this course. Thanks!
    Hi there,

I hope you're well. Attached is the timetable for the September 2023 course.

Attachments

• Year Planner SQE LLM (2).png
      Year Planner SQE LLM (2).png
      462.7 KB · Views: 44
    • 🤝
    Reactions: legallybrunette8

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi,

Many thanks for this. I am also heading to London to sit the SQE. Could you advise how many contact hours you had per week?

Many thanks
    Hi there,

It differs between SQE 1 and SQE 2 and between subjects:
    • For SQE1, you have eight-taught FLK subjects (Main: Business, Criminal, Property, Disputes, Wills; Secondary: Ethics, Solicitor's Accounts, and Legal Services). Black letter is self-study. For the main taught FLKs, I think about one 2-hour class per week each subject. Ethics was covered on the first day. Solicitor's Account and Legal Services were covered every two weeks or so towards the end of term.
    • For SQE2, there's five weeks. It covers Advocacy, Interviewing, Writing, Research, CMA and Drafting. There is around one 1.5-hour class per week for each topic. FLKs are self-study.
    Much of the time is spent on your preparation and consolidation, rather than in the engage portion. For a majority of the classes, you won't be able to engage fully without having done the preparation work.

Hope this helps!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.