• Hi Guest, I just wanted to give you a heads up that we are hiring future trainees and trainees. This is for a range of roles, including 10 hours a week (remote) and full time. If you're interested, apply here by 31 July!

LLM SQE1&2 or SQE prep courses?

gojd31iris

May 2, 2024
Hi everyone!

I'm currently choosing from two options: — LLM SQE 1&2 or SQE 1&2 preparation courses:

Do you know what is the difference between them (apart from price, duration and additional module) for my employability? As far as I understand it, LLM is better for those who would like to access student loan funding, but I am not eligible for it and it's not relevant to me. Is there any difference in studying LLM SQE and SQE preparation courses? The second option (just preparation course) is cheaper, that's why I am interested in it.

I am a bachelor in law (overseas degree equivalent to LLB, non-common law), 2:1 diploma. I have work experience as a paralegal and even as a lawyer outside of the OK (1.5 years in total) in the area of logistics and insurance, but I don't have any training contract in the UK (and I don't think that I will secure it soon because I don't have any local experience).

madbin

Jun 7, 2024
I’m prepping for the SQE1 and planning to take the January 25 session. FQPS Academy has been a lifesaver. For just £79/month, I got everything I needed: SRA-like MCQs, detailed revision cards, and complete mock exams.

The best part was the support from my mentor, Sarah. She provided regular guidance, weekly tests, and one-on-one sessions to keep me motivated. The flexible study planner made it easy to study on the go. I highly recommend FQPS for SQE1 prep.

If you're interested, use my discount code Margaux12DR3 for 15% off (I get 15% off too if you use it 😉!).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.