LPC PLR advice - made a silly mistake

to law or not to law?

Distinguished Member
Dec 30, 2018
Hello all,

Im currently studying the LPC and submitted my PLR assessment last week. Everything went well but I have now realised that I forgot to put half my primary sources in my references. Is this an automatic fail considering it is graded as competent/not competent? Just want to prepare myself for the outcome in march really!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello all,

Im currently studying the LPC and submitted my PLR assessment last week. Everything went well but I have now realised that I forgot to put half my primary sources in my references. Is this an automatic fail considering it is graded as competent/not competent? Just want to prepare myself for the outcome in march really!
Definitely not an automatic fail but I would be prepared to lose some marks (less than 10 imo) in case the person grading you would like to mark you down for it- I don't think it should be a big issue though.

Mels

Jan 30, 2021
Hello I would appreciate any help.I similarly had my 1 week exam on the practical legal research. The exam was a probate issue and had a question about a blue badge. The person who died had a blue badge and their nephew was using it and they wanted advice on this. However in the paper it stated this was a connected but unrelated matter. Me seeing this automatically went ‘i have not formally reported on the following: if they’re in the wrong/what would happen’. However after submitting it I started stressing wondering if I should have written about it. Would I get marked down a lot for this or potentially fail?
Furthermore it said 'Can you please research and report on the issues above?' which I guess is said in all exams but this may be a hint to not talk about or advice?

any help is appreciated

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.