MA Law conversion

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi all,

was wondering if anyone had any insight on doing the MA Law conversion at the University of Law?

I'm considering it, but I'm unsure about whether it will do anything to help my prospects. Of course, the main reason I am considering it is to gain knowledge as a non-law student, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has done it and has any advice/insight to offer regarding the course's helpfulness!

Deblawstudent

Jan 3, 2024
Hi all,

was wondering if anyone had any insight on doing the MA Law conversion at the University of Law?

I'm considering it, but I'm unsure about whether it will do anything to help my prospects. Of course, the main reason I am considering it is to gain knowledge as a non-law student, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has done it and has any advice/insight to offer regarding the course's helpfulness!
i have a similar question to ask but about lpc
Hi all,

YES

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi all,

Hi @Jessica Booker, would you be able to provide any insight on this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, would you be able to provide any insight on this?
Hi there - it won’t really be considered differently to any other GDL course form a recruiter’s perspective.

It will be a good way to develop legal knowledge and potentially prepare for the SQE (subject to how much SQE prep is included in the course), but there really isn’t a difference in courses in terms of their perception.

It will be important to look at whether the teaching and assessment style works for you, and also whether the university will provide you with the opportunities and support you want whilst studying - that’s far more important in my opinion.

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi there - it won’t really be considered differently to any other GDL course form a recruiter’s perspective.

It will be a good way to develop legal knowledge and potentially prepare for the SQE (subject to how much SQE prep is included in the course), but there really isn’t a difference in courses in terms of their perception.

It will be important to look at whether the teaching and assessment style works for you, and also whether the university will provide you with the opportunities and support you want whilst studying - that’s far more important in my opinion.
Ahh lovely, thank you Jessica!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.