Macfarlanes Vacation Scheme 2022

SemperParatus

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2022
Hey guys, has anyone heard back from Macfarlanes? I applied night before the deadline but checked on vantage and saw the deadline being extended every day tilt this Friday so got very confused. does this mean they are going to reply late?

IRO

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer 5
Jan 21, 2021
Hey guys, has anyone heard back from Macfarlanes? I applied night before the deadline but checked on vantage and saw the deadline being extended every day tilt this Friday so got very confused. does this mean they are going to reply late?
I think this is going to be impossible for anyone to answer. This is the first year they have an earlier deadline/are non-rolling so the timeframes will be completely different this year from previous years anyway. I also don’t think they have published when they expect to reply/hold ACs so there’s no real way to know if they will be ‘late’ as we don’t know when they were aiming for.

SemperParatus

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2022
I think this is going to be impossible for anyone to answer. This is the first year they have an earlier deadline/are non-rolling so the timeframes will be completely different this year from previous years anyway. I also don’t think they have published when they expect to reply/hold ACs so there’s no real way to know if they will be ‘late’ as we don’t know when they were aiming for.
thanks IRO. I just asked because on the application form it says they will respond first or second week of January, but because the deadline was extended I wanted to know if it they will respond a week later for everyone i.e. second or third week of January.

IRO

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer 5
Jan 21, 2021
thanks IRO. I just asked because on the application form it says they will respond first or second week of January, but because the deadline was extended I wanted to know if it they will respond a week later for everyone i.e. second or third week of January.
I did not know they had published that! Sorry for not having the full info. I suspect they will still respond around the end of this week but I wouldn’t worry if you don’t hear anything until 21st Jan. I think they’ll probably have fixed their AC dates and will want to respond on their predicted timeline so they can keep to their dates.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.