time2work

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Nov 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a vacation scheme with Macfarlanes coming up and I would love for any insight/experiences/advice of anyone who has any experience with the firm? It is my first and only vacation scheme as a non-law student, and would value any advice in preparation for the scheme or general tips and tricks!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @time2work! Congratulations on securing a vacation scheme- this is a massive achievement! I haven't ever done a vacation scheme before will link some of our resources on the forum for you to have a look at during you preparation.
My best tip would be to be proactive, enthusiastic and try to get a feel about working at the firm, its people, its clients and what the firm's goals and ethos are. Use this to demonstrate your commitment to and knowledge of the firm in your final interview. Wishing you all the very best and please do keep us in the loop about how you get on during your scheme!

Reactions: Alison C

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.