Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    When was your Mayer Brown interview?

February 2018

What was it for?

Vacation scheme

Please describe the interview process at Mayer Brown.

Full day assessment centre, and probably the most rigorous process among the firms I interviewed at. We started with a research and presentation task to a panel followed by a Q&A session. We then completed a verbal reasoning test in which we had to both summarise and proof read an article. Following a tour of the office, I had a business exercise in which I was given the opportunity to prepare some questions to secure additional information and then recommend a client a fictitious firm should pursue. Finally, we had an interview with a partner in which I was asked about our motivations for joining the firm, as well as any particular role models or interests I had. I was also asked some typical competency questions.

What advice would you give to future applicants for the Mayer Brown interview?

Be sure to speak up when preparing the presentation. Also, for the business case study, be very straightforward. Don't concern yourself with coming up with a genius question to ask, take a simple approach and build up. I made the awkward mistake of preparing a number of questions relating to the fictitious firm, only to forget that I had prepared them and waste plenty of time chasing up relatively minor distinctions between clients.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.