Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience/ knowledge about Memery Crystal's first round interview for TCs?

Cheers

I've reached out to a few future trainees at the firm, will let you know if I hear back.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    First future trainee:

'Apologies but my memory on this is quite vague, I had my first round interview in my second year of uni.

From what I remember, the first round of interviews was quite group based - we were given an extract to read individually and we then contributed ideas about the text in a group discussion (it was a legal issue, similar to a problem question in an exam). The first round I’m sure involved being at the building for one day and in between tasks such as the aforementioned, we shadowed other trainees.

The second round involved more formal interviews including a presentation and questions on current affairs etc. Apologies for not being much more specific, it was some time ago and the process might have changed since.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]'[/COLOR]

bronson

Distinguished Member
    Nov 23, 2018
    Thanks Jaysen. I think they have changed it since then because this is just with a senior associate and graduate recruiter - they didn't mention anything about it being a group.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.