Mishcon de Reya's strengths-based video interview

aspiringm&alawyer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hi TCLA Team!

I just got a VI invite for Mishcon. Really nervous as I have only ever done one VI before and it went horribly. Has anyone done the Mischon VI before and know what kind of questions they ask and what the time limits are? The email says it's a strengths-based VI. General tips will also be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi TCLA Team!

I just got a VI invite for Mishcon. Really nervous as I have only ever done one VI before and it went horribly. Has anyone done the Mischon VI before and know what kind of questions they ask and what the time limits are? The email says it's a strengths-based VI. General tips will also be appreciated.

Thank you!
here is is the link to the post I just made with some questions that might come up: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491
Good luck with the video interview!

estimur

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2023
Hi TCLA Team!

Thank you!
Congrats! How did it go?
Are there any tips you could share?

stefanizahariev

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2023
Hi, I was asked three questions - one competency, one motivational and one about firm strategy. Not sure about whether the questions are same for everyone. Prepare and research the firm really well. Hope that helps!
Hi! It's going to be my first VI ever and it's my first year applying for TC. I wanted to ask you how long did the whole interview take if it were only these 3 questions, and was there a time limit to them? Do you get a few minutes before you have to submit your answer?

Bella2468

Nov 22, 2023
Hi TCLA Team!

Thank you!
Hi! I hope your VI went well. I just wanted to ask whether it is 100% a strengths-based VI as in the email it doesn't specify?

aspiringm&alawyer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hi! It's going to be my first VI ever and it's my first year applying for TC. I wanted to ask you how long did the whole interview take if it were only these 3 questions, and was there a time limit to them? Do you get a few minutes before you have to submit your answer?
Hi, I don't remember exactly but I think it was 30 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer and it automatically submits after those 60 seconds.

LegallyBrunette_

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 11, 2023
I'm waiting to hear back after the VI for the spring scheme too. Best of luck to you!
Just out of curiosity, what kind of questions did you have? I had one on the strengths I'd bring to the role, one on ethics and one on the firm's place in the market. I don't know if everybody gets the same questions or if they change between candidates.

Reactions: Lexiwww

rhea2

Standard Member
Feb 22, 2022
Just out of curiosity, what kind of questions did you have? I had one on the strengths I'd bring to the role, one on ethics and one on the firm's place in the market. I don't know if everybody gets the same questions or if they change between candidates.
Good luck too! Hopefully they tell us before the festive period? I had the same questions as yours :)

chandss.p

Jan 4, 2024
Hi just wanted to ask how it went? I received an invite yesterday and its my first VI as well.

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Do you think the qs are quite niche or are they broad enough that if you research the firms work, recent deals, competitors, etc that you’ll have a broad enough knowledge to answer the questions about the firm? I find VIs so daunting and scared that I’m going to feel caught out and freeze

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.