more than a dream?

Tallat

Feb 12, 2024
My journey began 11 years ago when I first arrived in the UK, growing up in a small village in Pakistan, exposed me to the inequalities in opportunities for children with backgrounds like mine. Despite my own story being engraved by personal struggles, I don't consider myself special, but fortunate for the opportunities I've been given. The Imposter mentality shaping me became a guiding force whilst navigating the unfamiliar legal landscape. Confronting an identity crisis, I persevered through self-doubt, questioning my worth in rooms filled with accomplished individuals.

My journey through internships, ranging from a placement at a law firm to courts, provided me with practical insights into law, allowing me to not only become more confident in myself but become a better communicator, problem solver and a leader. I have taken on the hobby of learning Japanese , inspired by a college project on the Japanese Edo period and the shogunate, inspiring me to delve deeper into the language's intricacies and scripts. Hiking, another of my main passions, offers a sense of freedom and detachment from constraints, with achievements including conquering Snowdonia and Malvern Hills. Currently planning Scafell Pike’s challenging route, I eagerly embrace the challenge it presents.

I am the founder of "The Lawhood," a newsletter with hundreds of subscribers where I share legal insights and clarity, providing me with a sense of being heard and allows me to contribute to others' understanding of the law.

Closing in on the end of my 1st year at university studying law, I have really understood the potential trajectory my life could have taken, and I approach each opportunity with gratitude and a determination to make the most of the chance I've been given, maybe one day I can look back at everything and finally feel a sense of pride in everything I did to get to that point.

- Tal

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
My journey began 11 years ago when I first arrived in the UK, growing up in a small village in Pakistan, exposed me to the inequalities in opportunities for children with backgrounds like mine. Despite my own story being engraved by personal struggles, I don't consider myself special, but fortunate for the opportunities I've been given. The Imposter mentality shaping me became a guiding force whilst navigating the unfamiliar legal landscape. Confronting an identity crisis, I persevered through self-doubt, questioning my worth in rooms filled with accomplished individuals.

My journey through internships, ranging from a placement at a law firm to courts, provided me with practical insights into law, allowing me to not only become more confident in myself but become a better communicator, problem solver and a leader. I have taken on the hobby of learning Japanese , inspired by a college project on the Japanese Edo period and the shogunate, inspiring me to delve deeper into the language's intricacies and scripts. Hiking, another of my main passions, offers a sense of freedom and detachment from constraints, with achievements including conquering Snowdonia and Malvern Hills. Currently planning Scafell Pike’s challenging route, I eagerly embrace the challenge it presents.

I am the founder of "The Lawhood," a newsletter with hundreds of subscribers where I share legal insights and clarity, providing me with a sense of being heard and allows me to contribute to others' understanding of the law.

Closing in on the end of my 1st year at university studying law, I have really understood the potential trajectory my life could have taken, and I approach each opportunity with gratitude and a determination to make the most of the chance I've been given, maybe one day I can look back at everything and finally feel a sense of pride in everything I did to get to that point.

- Tal
This was such an amazing personal story to read Tal, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and your journey. I am convinced that everything you went through and everything you are currently doing will make you such a successful candidate and you will be so successful at any application you do. I am really inspired by everything you have said and I cherish the same values and concerns being in this profession myself.

Thank you so much again for sharing this and I hope the forum can be a source of inspiration, motivation and help for you throughout your journey of becoming a lawyer.

Good luck with everything!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.