My route to (hopefully) a training contract!

Y

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 26, 2019
Update 1
Last week I completed the Ashurst online tests for their Summer Vacation Scheme (I found the Cognify one of the three quite tricky!) and I've just finished doing the Linklaters' application test as well as their Watson Glaser. Looking to start some more applications when I get chance this week.

Reactions: wwood

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
Jul 29, 2018
Hi @Yas! I received an email, concerning Ashurst's online tests too. Do you know if there is any way to practise for them? I am not really sure what to expect, and I am not sure whether they will be similar to Watson Glaser or SHL.

r14n

Jan 30, 2019
Update 1
Last week I completed the Ashurst online tests for their Summer Vacation Scheme (I found the Cognify one of the three quite tricky!) and I've just finished doing the Linklaters' application test as well as their Watson Glaser. Looking to start some more applications when I get chance this week.
Same here! That one was tricky and it did catch me off a little. Had to take in all that was given to me so I am on the fence for that one. Also finished Linklaters' test, that was less challenging but it may be due to the fact that WG is a popular/more available test.

Y

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 26, 2019
Update 2
During last term and the Christmas break I managed to get over 10 applications sent out - haven't heard any outcomes yet, although I've done various WGs and Kirkland's VI. Hoping to hear something soon!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.