Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

A bunch of you mentioned you'd like to see an example of a successful application.

I attach images of my training contract application to Allen & Overy. There's quite a number of things I'd change now, but I hope it helps you work out whether you're going in the right direction. It's worth noting that I didn't attend my interview (I had a different offer by then), plus my written application won't have been the only factor taken into account!

View attachment 3 View attachment 4 View attachment 5 View attachment 6 View attachment 7

Best,

J

Attachments

• 4 Competencies.png
      4 Competencies.png
      114.7 KB · Views: 5,393
    • 3 Commercial Awareness.png
      3 Commercial Awareness.png
      99.8 KB · Views: 4,816
    • 2 Why Commercial Law.png
      2 Why Commercial Law.png
      98.2 KB · Views: 5,258
    • 1 Why Allen & Overy.png
      1 Why Allen & Overy.png
      117.1 KB · Views: 5,731
    Last edited:

taneshS

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Feb 26, 2018
    Hey guys,

A bunch of you mentioned you'd like to see an example of a successful application.

I attach images of my training contract application to A&O. There's quite a number of things I'd change now, but I hope it helps you work out whether you're going in the right direction.

PS: I have cut out their questions as I don't want to get into trouble! View attachment 3 View attachment 4 View attachment 5 View attachment 6 View attachment 7

Best,

J

Quality thank you very much!

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    I just wanted to say this is going to be so helpful for my training contract application to Allen & Overy. Ive been struggling to work out how to tailor an application and this makes it a lot clearer.

D

Deleted member 592

Hey guys,

I attach images of my training contract application to Allen & Overy. There's quite a number of things I'd change now, but I hope it helps you work out whether you're going in the right direction.

PS: I have cut out their questions as I don't want to get into trouble! View attachment 3 View attachment 4 View attachment 5 View attachment 6 View attachment 7

Best,

J

Hi Jaysen,
    Just wanted to say this is super helpful! Thanks so much :)

Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.