My TC journey

cityhopes

Premium Member
May 29, 2022
Hey guys,

I am delighted to have secured the TCLA scholarship and I think it’s a great idea for me to post my progress and hold myself accountable. I have recently completed the PGDL/LLM at BPP and am working in hospitality but looking for paralegal jobs (fingers crossed for that too!).

I’ve completed one VS application so far for BCLP and did the online test last week. I’ve got another four drafted and almost ready (for Willkie Farr, HSF, Mishcon De Reya and Akin Gump) and I know it’s best to submit early but I find proofreading and submitting the most difficult! Hopefully I’ll have these submitted by next week though.

One thing that has knocked my confidence is that, while I have good academics throughout university and GCSE, extenuating circumstances during sixth form meant my grades were significantly below what I was predicted. Seeing the success stories on here has been motivating though, so I hope this scholarship can give me the confidence, as well as the skills, to submit those applications and secure my dream VS/TC!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey guys,

I am delighted to have secured the TCLA scholarship and I think it’s a great idea for me to post my progress and hold myself accountable. I have recently completed the PGDL/LLM at BPP and am working in hospitality but looking for paralegal jobs (fingers crossed for that too!).

I’ve completed one VS application so far for BCLP and did the online test last week. I’ve got another four drafted and almost ready (for Willkie Farr, HSF, Mishcon De Reya and Akin Gump) and I know it’s best to submit early but I find proofreading and submitting the most difficult! Hopefully I’ll have these submitted by next week though.

One thing that has knocked my confidence is that, while I have good academics throughout university and GCSE, extenuating circumstances during sixth form meant my grades were significantly below what I was predicted. Seeing the success stories on here has been motivating though, so I hope this scholarship can give me the confidence, as well as the skills, to submit those applications and secure my dream VS/TC!
Congratulations @cityhopes! 🥳🥳🥳 The fact that you're being so proactive with your application is really admirable and I hope that the TCLA scholarship is able to give you what you're looking for!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Well done on the scholarship @cityhopes - it looks like you are very much on top of things by starting early.

In my time I have seen many applicants with extenuating circumstances go on to secure training contracts, so I would be encouraged by the fact that firms will take this into consideration. It's also great to hear that you went on to secure strong grades thereafter.

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.