Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

We're a little behind when it comes to providing resources/signposts for members, and I can imagine it can be quite overwhelming if you're new to TCLA, and especially if you're new to forums in general.

I'll create a series of introductory posts later in the year, but in the meantime, I just want to encourage new members to post if you have any questions, no matter how "silly" you think it might be. And if you have lots of questions to ask, please don't feel like you're posting too much - posting too much isn't a thing at TCLA.

There's so many decisions you have to make and so much to learn if you're new to the training contract process, and we don't want you sitting on it/making the wrong decision/feeling alone and that you can't share.

I've received a few messages recently from people worried about posting. But honestly, the entire point of this forum is for you to ask these questions, and we're a supportive bunch: people will be happy to share their experiences/opinions/ideas on what you should do next.

The other point to make is if you have a question, it's very likely that at least one other person also wanted the answer to that question. So by asking, you're doing everyone else a favour! We've had many great threads generated from a quick question e.g., https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/cover-letter-conundrum.283/

Finally, if you're very unsure, please feel free to just create an anonymous account to ask your questions, you don't have to use your name/FB profile if you don't want to.

TL;DR: Don't be afraid to post!

Thanks!

Jaysen

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Hi All,

We're a little behind when it comes to providing resources/signposts for members, and I can imagine it can be quite overwhelming if you're new to TCLA, and especially if you're new to forums in general.

I'll create a series of introductory posts later in the year, but in the meantime, I just want to encourage new members to post if you have any questions, no matter how "silly" you think it might be. And if you have lots of questions to ask, please don't feel like you're posting too much - posting too much isn't a thing at TCLA.

There's so many decisions you have to make and so much to learn if you're new to the training contract process, and we don't want you sitting on it/making the wrong decision/feeling alone and that you can't share.

I've received a few messages recently from people worried about posting. But honestly, the entire point of this forum is for you to ask these questions, and we're a supportive bunch: people will be happy to share their experiences/opinions/ideas on what you should do next.

The other point to make is if you have a question, it's very likely that at least one other person also wanted the answer to that question. So by asking, you're doing everyone else a favour! We've had many great threads generated from a quick question e.g., https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/cover-letter-conundrum.283/

Finally, if you're very unsure, please feel free to just create an anonymous account to ask your questions, you don't have to use your name/FB profile if you don't want to.

Thanks!

Jaysen

Just want echo what Jaysen has said above. Please please do use the forum. For all those questions, you thought you couldn’t ask at law firm events in fear of looking stupid or you didn’t know who to ask. Create an anon account if need be. VS/TC applications are an anxious and brutal process - or I found it to be anyway. No matter how many friends, family or colleagues you talk to, they may not necessarily “understand” in the same way as someone else in a similar position.

Finally, I would personally go as far as saying that I feel I wouldn’t be in the privileged position of having a TC without advice/experience/tips from here.

Kelvin

Apr 14, 2019
    Hey, I really enjoyed the firm-specific 'ask a current trainee threads' - any plans for more of those?

PS. Though I guess the need for those decreases as more trainees sign up here.
    PPS. I didn't really know where to ask this - perhaps a general chat/comments thread could be created?

Thanks.

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hey, I really enjoyed the firm-specific 'ask a current trainee threads' - any plans for more of those?

PS. Though I guess the need for those decreases as more trainees sign up here.
    PPS. I didn't really know where to ask this - perhaps a general chat/comments thread could be created?

Thanks.

Hey Kelvin,

We will be looking to release more current trainee threads in the future, glad to hear you enjoyed them.

The general chat/comments thread is found here - https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/off-topic-discussions.1379/#post-10692

Reactions: Jaysen and Kelvin

Mohan

Standard Member
    Mar 23, 2019
    Hi All,

Thanks!

Jaysen

I am not new here but I don't know where to post about health. I am concerned about hair fall problem and wanted the solution for it but not sure is this forum site the right place for it/

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.