Open Day Application

lb0810

May 11, 2021
Currently trying to apply for Bird & Bird's open day, but struggling to meet the word count for the application question (why do you want to attend this open day, what will you gain?). They want 400 words and I've only got just over 200. I've mentioned things like networking, getting a real insight into the firm and life as a trainee, a practice area I'm particularly interested in - does anyone have any advice as to how to bulk it up?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Currently trying to apply for Bird & Bird's open day, but struggling to meet the word count for the application question (why do you want to attend this open day, what will you gain?). They want 400 words and I've only got just over 200. I've mentioned things like networking, getting a real insight into the firm and life as a trainee, a practice area I'm particularly interested in - does anyone have any advice as to how to bulk it up?
    Not sure if you’ve done this already but go into detail about the practice area you’re interested in. Bird & Bird are sector focussed so pick a sector you want to learn more about and say why you’re interested in it. Maybe refer to a deal they’ve done and say why you found it interesting and why you’d want to learn more about that kind of work the firm does.

Reactions: S30

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    You could also mention things like pro bono, specific diversity initiatives, the culture, etc. I attended the open day last year and we took part in an interview skills/application workshop - you could mention you want to develop your skills/strengthen your application before applying to the vacation scheme.

aspiring_solicitor

Star Member
    Aug 16, 2021
    Hey, did you hear back from them?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.