Overseas student from Portugal

AndreaMartins

Aug 15, 2023
HI! I´m Andrea from Portugal and i´m currently completing my last year of law school.I came across this world of commercial law and VCs/TCs and ever since a career as a commercial lawyer in London is all i think of.

I´m currently preparing myself to apply this next season and would love to get some tips from overseas students!

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
HI! I´m Andrea from Portugal and i´m currently completing my last year of law school.I came across this world of commercial law and VCs/TCs and ever since a career as a commercial lawyer in London is all i think of.

I´m currently preparing myself to apply this next season and would love to get some tips from overseas students!
Hey @AndreaMartins, as an international student from Italy who applied last year and received a TC from an international US Law firm, I totally understand your interest in the world of commercial law in London especially! I would say that the three main tips I can give you are:

1. Select a list of firms that resonate with what you are interested in and who you are as a person, but that also value international students;
2. Work on your commercial awareness by listening to FT news briefing every morning or reading the financial times, the economist or the lawyer regularly;
3. Talk to future trainees, associates and partners on LinkedIn who are internationals and they can give you their perspectives on their journey and the firms they are working for.

I really hope that you find the best firm for you this year and if you need any help, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to share my experience,

Best of luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.