P/A #5 Thursday 28 July 22 - 5:30pm: Reflections on a training contract and 300+ mock interviews: a Magic Circle trainee’s perspective on case studies

Erin

Legendary Member
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Operations
Jul 13, 2022
Hey everyone!

My name is Erin, I'm the Operations Executive at TCLA.

I am excited to announce our next Premium Academy Webinar, "Reflections on a training contract and 300+ mock interviews: a Magic Circle trainee’s perspective on case studies" with the brilliant Mahesh!

Case Study Interviews​

It’s one thing to talk about yourself and your experiences in an interview, but it’s another thing to be able to go toe to toe with a partner on a mock M&A deal, financing transaction or dispute.

Case study interviews assess your commercial aptitude. Can you identify the most important issues? Can you understand the interplay between the legal and commercial concerns? Do you show an enthusiasm for problem solving and an ability to discuss your thought process?

In our next session for the Premium Academy, join Mahesh.

Mahesh has delivered over 300 mock interviews with TCLA. He is a current trainee solicitor at a magic circle firm.

Mahesh previously completed three vacation schemes and secured four training contracts at leading Magic Circle, US, and Silver Circle firms.

You will learn...​

• How best to approach and prepare for case study interviews
  • What gets noticed during interviews and how to give a great first impression
  • How to manage different work streams effectively
  • Why firms use case study interviews

How Do I Sign Up?​

Simply join us on TCLA Premium and find the links in the TCLA Premium Forum.

Get A Free Subscription To Premium​

Once again, we're also giving one free premium subscription away today. All you have to do is share your best interview tip in this thread and we'll select one winner at 4pm.

We'll be running this giveaway each week, so don't worry if you don't win this time!

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.