Paralegal cover letter

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I am in the process of drafting a cover letter for a paralegal position that has caught my eye.

& I was wondering whether you may be able to help me with this @Jessica Booker?

- How long would the ideal paralegal cover letter be in your opinion (word count)?
    - Should it still follow the traditional cover format, or is there anything different about a paralegal cover letter?
    - Could you mention that you have applied for a TC with their firm as well?

Thanks! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I am in the process of drafting a cover letter for a paralegal position that has caught my eye.

& I was wondering whether you may be able to help me with this @Jessica Booker?

- How long would the ideal paralegal cover letter be in your opinion (word count)?
    - Should it still follow the traditional cover format, or is there anything different about a paralegal cover letter?
    - Could you mention that you have applied for a TC with their firm as well?

Thanks! :)

Hi @sxw517 - I'd go with one page with the formal/traditional formatting.

I wouldn't reference you have applied for the TC unless it is a short term contract role. If it is a permanent role, you definitely want to avoid saying something like this.

• Love
    Reactions: sxw517

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.