Paralegal Interview

wolvesckm

May 28, 2021
Hey guys,

I have a paralegal interview coming up and it includes a scenario based test that has to be completed prior to the interview. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what this could include. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a paralegal interview coming up and it includes a scenario based test that has to be completed prior to the interview. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what this could include. Any help would be much appreciated! :)
Does it sound more like an exercise or a test? If a test, it could just be a situational judgement test.

wolvesckm

May 28, 2021
Does it sound more like an exercise or a test? If a test, it could just be a situational judgement test.
Thanks for your reply! It sounds more like an exercise, I've had situational judgement tests before and the firms have told me that this would be the case in the past. It's for 45 mins which makes me think it could be legal research or drafting of some sort but I'm unsure :confused:

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    It's reasonably likely to be in a similar domain to what might be a case study exercise in a TC/ VS AC.

In terms of decoding the specific content, it's very hard to say - a starting point is to consider the particular role you're applying for (i.e., department etc) and consider what sort of work a paralegal in that team is likely to undertake. That ought to get you into the ballpark of what to expect, but that is a very broad-brush approach.

Very best of luck!

wolvesckm

May 28, 2021
    It's reasonably likely to be in a similar domain to what might be a case study exercise in a TC/ VS AC.

In terms of decoding the specific content, it's very hard to say - a starting point is to consider the particular role you're applying for (i.e., department etc) and consider what sort of work a paralegal in that team is likely to undertake. That ought to get you into the ballpark of what to expect, but that is a very broad-brush approach.

Very best of luck!
    Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.