Paralegal Salary Expectations?

Radiator

Standard Member
Jul 14, 2022
Hi guys. I'm looking to apply for paralegal positions at the Leeds branches of national and international law firms. Many application forms ask me for salary expectations and I'm not sure what sounds reasonable. I've just graduated with a 2:1 Law degree this summer and I've never been a paralegal before. I would greatly appreciate any pointers as to where I could find information about paralegal salary expectations as I don't want to write down an unreasonable sum.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys. I'm looking to apply for paralegal positions at the Leeds branches of national and international law firms. Many application forms ask me for salary expectations and I'm not sure what sounds reasonable. I've just graduated with a 2:1 Law degree this summer and I've never been a paralegal before. I would greatly appreciate any pointers as to where I could find information about paralegal salary expectations as I don't want to write down an unreasonable sum.
Some approximate figures that might help by type of organisation:

Salary: Paralegal in Leeds, UK | Glassdoor

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and Radiator

kr253

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 20, 2021
If it helps, I always just put "competitive" or "open to negotiation" on application forms that ask this, including paralegal vacancies. I've never found this has a negative effect for me - I managed to get multiple paralegal interviews and offers having put this on the initial forms 🤷‍♀️

Radiator

Standard Member
Jul 14, 2022
If it helps, I always just put "competitive" or "open to negotiation" on application forms that ask this, including paralegal vacancies. I've never found this has a negative effect for me - I managed to get multiple paralegal interviews and offers having put this on the initial forms 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for your input! I think this is a sensible option provided that it's difficult to find out exact figures unless you have contacts at the firms. I've managed to gauge a vague average from Glassdoor but it still feels like I'm missing the mark as to what I should put down.

Reactions: kr253

Radiator

Standard Member
Jul 14, 2022
@Jessica Booker I have some further questions that I'd really appreciate your input on if you have the time.

When writing a paralegal CV, I've done it the order of (name & contact information, personal summary, work experience, then education). I was wondering if you think this is a good order or if something may be missing? Also, do you think firms want me to list out my module marks for each year in a paralegal CV? I've written my degree classification and a percentage average next to it. Lastly, on the application portal it says that you can upload supporting documents but it is only a CV that is mandatory - I was wondering if writing a personal statement might be helpful but I'm a bit tentative since I can't find information about who exactly to address it to anywhere.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.