Partner interview at Fieldfisher. Any advice?

acheampong29

Standard Member
May 5, 2022
Hi all.

I have been success in reaching the final stage of the TC process and I've been invited to a partner interview with Fieldfisher.

I have been told the interview with focus on:
Self-awareness
Integrity
Analytical skills
Communication skills
Questions designed around Fieldfisher values
And scenario based commercial questions

They advised me to review my application so I am prepared to talk about my attributes and strengths.

Fieldfisher are huge on Tech, Medical negligence, Cyber stuff and Life Science so I have been reading about things in this area.

I am a bit intimidated because I come from a personal injury background so being commercially aware isn't my strong point. Aside from:

1. Preparing questions from the 250 TCLA TC page
2. Reading news in the areas aforementioned above
3. Reading about the solicitors code of conduct
4. Researching the firm (like each department and what they do)

How can I prepare for commercial based scenario questions? I've never done something like that before, so I'm nervous.

Thank you!

Harty

Jan 10, 2023
Hi all.

I have been success in reaching the final stage of the TC process and I've been invited to a partner interview with Fieldfisher.

I have been told the interview with focus on:
Self-awareness
Integrity
Analytical skills
Communication skills
Questions designed around Fieldfisher values
And scenario based commercial questions

They advised me to review my application so I am prepared to talk about my attributes and strengths.

Fieldfisher are huge on Tech, Medical negligence, Cyber stuff and Life Science so I have been reading about things in this area.

I am a bit intimidated because I come from a personal injury background so being commercially aware isn't my strong point. Aside from:

1. Preparing questions from the 250 TCLA TC page
2. Reading news in the areas aforementioned above
3. Reading about the solicitors code of conduct
4. Researching the firm (like each department and what they do)

How can I prepare for commercial based scenario questions? I've never done something like that before, so I'm nervous.

Thank you!
Hi, what did they ask about then? How commercial was it/was the SRA relevant? Also, what other types of exercises were there? Many thanks

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.