Pennington Manches Cooper AC

MD

Jan 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

Has anybody done an AC with PMC? I have one next week and it includes a written assessment, one on one interview and a client simulation exercise.

If anyone has any tips or can remember what sort of things they asked during the one on one interview they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi Mollie,

I can't speak for the PMC AC from personal experience, but you may find my recent Monday Article on case studies helpful as it breaks down not only case studies per se but also some amount about how to approach a written exercise in general. You can find it here:

In terms of the interview, again I can't comment from a super personal standpoint, but I would make sure to have all the key bases covered:

- Why us/ why you/ why comm. law
    - tell me about a time you... (worked in a team/ overcame a challenge/ told someone senior they were wrong/ dealt with an awkward or challenging situation in the workplace/ had to balance commitments etc)
    - Have you been following anything in the news?
    etc etc.

Hope this is some help at least! Fingers are crossed for you.

(edit: there is a thread asking this from 2020 too that I just stumbled across, I've only had a super brief scan but might help too: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/penningtons-manches-cooper-ac.2137/)

MD

Jan 17, 2021
    Hi Mollie,

I can't speak for the PMC AC from personal experience, but you may find my recent Monday Article on case studies helpful as it breaks down not only case studies per se but also some amount about how to approach a written exercise in general. You can find it here:

In terms of the interview, again I can't comment from a super personal standpoint, but I would make sure to have all the key bases covered:

- Why us/ why you/ why comm. law
    - tell me about a time you... (worked in a team/ overcame a challenge/ told someone senior they were wrong/ dealt with an awkward or challenging situation in the workplace/ had to balance commitments etc)
    - Have you been following anything in the news?
    etc etc.

Hope this is some help at least! Fingers are crossed for you.

(edit: there is a thread asking this from 2020 too that I just stumbled across, I've only had a super brief scan but might help too: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/penningtons-manches-cooper-ac.2137/)
    Thank you so much!!

nishatnuddin

Jan 25, 2021
    Hi Molly!
    did the AC last year and got the vac scheme.
    1 written test, really simple just fact checking. then a task of drafting a summary and giving advice, they give you all the info you need so don't worry too much about this, just use all the time you have. 1 negotiation with a client. for me it was a clinical negligence case, also very simple, just use all the information given to you and ask as many questions as possible.
    the 1 on 1 interview comprises of around 10 questions, from why law, why pmc, to how have you shown your commitment to law?
    make sure you know about the firm quite well and know how to apply your experiences in questions. it was super chill and probably the most friendly ac ive had!
    good luck. xxx
    nishat

MD

Jan 17, 2021
    Hi Molly!
    did the AC last year and got the vac scheme.
    1 written test, really simple just fact checking. then a task of drafting a summary and giving advice, they give you all the info you need so don't worry too much about this, just use all the time you have. 1 negotiation with a client. for me it was a clinical negligence case, also very simple, just use all the information given to you and ask as many questions as possible.
    the 1 on 1 interview comprises of around 10 questions, from why law, why pmc, to how have you shown your commitment to law?
    make sure you know about the firm quite well and know how to apply your experiences in questions. it was super chill and probably the most friendly ac ive had!
    good luck. xxx
    nishat
    That's so helpful! Thank you so much xx

oliviamasterson

Jan 30, 2021
    Hi everyone,

Has anybody done an AC with PMC? I have one next week and it includes a written assessment, one on one interview and a client simulation exercise.

If anyone has any tips or can remember what sort of things they asked during the one on one interview they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
    Hi mollie,

I have an AC with PMC in a few weeks, how did yours go? Do you have any tips or anything?

Would be so helpful!

Khadeeja Iqbal

M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 29, 2018
    Hi all, for anyone who applied to the PMC training contract directly - what questions did they ask in the initial form? did you have to write a cover letter like the VC application?

I am hoping to start preparing for training contract applications early so I can submit them when applications open. I know firms sometimes change questions but this will give me something to work with

Thanks!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.