Penningtons Manches Cooper AC

Gemma Cotton

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any advice on the Penningtons AC, I have mine next week and haven’t heard anything about what it encompasses. I know this is their last AC, so does anyone who has had the AC have any advice please?

Thank you!!

Hope3345

Mar 14, 2018
Hi Gemma

I don't remember the interview too well except for knowing that I straight-up didn't have an answer to "tell us about a case we're working on that you find interesting", so it might be wise to prepare something on that! I believe the questions were more strengths-based, but I'm not completely certain.

Also the written exercise is fairly time-pressured and you will get called out in the middle of it to do your interview and the mock client interview, make sure you manage your time well. There are a few different exercises within the written part, including a proof-reading exercise and drafting a letter of advice to a client. It's all hand-written as well.

Edit: And bring your own highlighters!

Last edited:

Gemma Cotton

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi Gemma

I don't remember the interview too well except for knowing that I straight-up didn't have an answer to "tell us about a case we're working on that you find interesting", so it might be wise to prepare something on that! I believe the questions were more strengths-based, but I'm not completely certain.

Also the written exercise is fairly time-pressured and you will get called out in the middle of it to do your interview and the mock client interview, make sure you manage your time well. There are a few different exercises within the written part, including a proof-reading exercise and drafting a letter of advice to a client. It's all hand-written as well.

Edit: And bring your own highlighters!
Thank you so much! That’s so helpful!

MD

Jan 17, 2021
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any advice on the Penningtons AC, I have mine next week and haven’t heard anything about what it encompasses. I know this is their last AC, so does anyone who has had the AC have any advice please?

Thank you!!

Hi Gemma,

I have been invited to an AC with Penningtons Manches Cooper. I was wondering if you remembered anything about your experience last year that you could pass onto me??

Thank you!

• 🏆
Reactions: Holly

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.