PENULTIMATE AND FINAL YEARS

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Which firms take vac schemers only from penultimate and not final years. Also if I have graduated in the month of May of 2022, can I be a part of a vac scheme running in June of 2022?( I’m giving you a hypothetical situation) (Does graduating a few weeks before the scheme starts come under 'Final Year ' student?

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think Clifford Chance is the only one (although not 100% sure). They encourage third years to apply directly for TCs.

I believe the answers to Q2 and Q3 are both yes.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think Clifford Chance is the only one (although not 100% sure). They encourage third years to apply directly for TCs.

I believe the answers to Q2 and Q3 are both yes.
And they encourage third years irrespective of whether you were successful in applying for a vac scheme! I was unsuccessful applying for the CC VS, but I'm gonna re-apply for a TC in September once I've made improvements to my application technique and grades. They don't look at or even consider whether you applied for a VS as far as I know.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Daniel Boden

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.