PGDL online content - BPP v ULaw

Bingolawyer

Jan 4, 2023
Hi

First time here.

I am comparing a full time online PGDL at ULaw v BPP. Is it correct that BBP's online classes are 'live' whereas ULaw's are pre-recorded and is one format better? I guess 'live' provides better structure but less flexibility?

I get the feeling there is no option for ULaw online students to attend the London campus except for visiting the library (with permission?) whereas BPP has some flexibility for attending occasionally in person a lecture or tutor meet?

They both provide physical materials as an optional extra cost....

BPP course is a bit shorter with zero breaks whereas ULaw I think has at least a 2 week break......

Any other major differences that can help me decide between them?

Many thanks

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi!

From my experience, BPP is a better place to attend if you already have a TC lined up. If not, ULaw is much more supportive to non TC-holders.

BPP's online classes are 'live' and you can also watch them back. Personally, I feel that pre-recorded lectures are better as everyone is given the same quality content.

Other than the above, I don't think there are huge differences. The only thing I feel very strongly about is that ULaw is a much much better place than BPP for people who don't have TCs, and BPP is better for future trainees. I say this because (from my experience) BPP tends to treat future trainees differently to those who are self-funding. In contrast, ULaw treats people a little more equally. Like I said, this is from my experience and other people could have different experiences. Both universities are excellent.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.