PgDL possible with degree from 2010

dreamer971

Oct 2, 2023
Hello everyone. I've been scouring this forum for a couple of hours now and am therefore a bit embarrassed to post due to my query. However, for the most part this does seem like a safe space, so here goes:

I graduated from UEA back in 2010 with a Ba (Hons) in Film & Media. My result was a 2:2

Do I have any hope of getting on a PgDL course? And later some kind of SQE prep course before sitting the SQE1 & SQE2 exams?

I'm 36 and after 10 years of living in Dubai (and an upcoming divorce!) I wish to relocate back to the UK permanently and start on the road to becoming a solicitor.

It's something I've always had an interest in, and despite not having worked properly in the field, I did take 2 of my past employers to court here in Dubai as a self-represented litigant (and won both times!) so at the very least I feel as if I do have a little bit of a knack for it.

Please be kind as I know my degree subject, result, and age might not be the best launching pad, but I still wish to know if I have a chance of changing my life.

Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.